We started this program to identify motivated students seeking to acquire an entrepreneurial mindset and provide them with financial aid and seed capital for their progressive ideas in science, technology, engineering, math, healthcare, finance, infrastructure/civil, education, literacy, and business (“applicable industries”).
Until graduation, selected scholars may receive up to $1,000* per semester towards tuition expenses and $1,000* per semester towards their submitted idea. The awards are renewed, prior to the start of the next semester, based on demonstrated effort and commitment by the student. Committed students can complete up to three summer internships in our network with each internship awarding $8,000 or more. A student that participates in our program for six semesters and completes three internships can expect a total award package of $30,000.
Students must be:
- At least 18 years of age
- Enrolled full-time at a U.S. accredited college, university, or trade/professional school (“institution”)
- Reside and attend an institution in the Washington D.C. or Baltimore metro areas
- Maryland residents are eligible if they attend any University System of Maryland institution
- Have earned 24 or more college credits (or trade/professional school equivalent) at their institution
- Or at least nine credits from graduate-level courses
- A US citizen
- In good academic standing with a minimum cumulative weighted GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
Our program is laser-focused on achieving the best possible outcome for every student in the program. Program advisors work one-on-one with each student to co-create a customized success plan to lead students toward an enriching career as an innovator. Success plans include up to three paid summer internships within our internship network. Upon program completion, we aim to steer students to one of the following outcomes:
- Placement into an accelerator or incubation program
- Gainful employment solving difficult problems at amazing companies and nonprofits
- Funding to continue building a promising start-up
Qualify? Learn more about the application process.
* Award amount subject to change between renewal periods.