We started this program to identify motivated college-age students seeking to acquire an entrepreneurial mindset and provide them with financial aid and seed capital for their progressive ideas in science, technology, engineering, math, healthcare, finance, infrastructure/civil, education, literacy, and business (“applicable industries”).
Until graduation, selected scholars will receive $1,000* per semester towards tuition expenses and $1,000* per semester towards their submitted idea. The awards are renewed, prior to the start of the next semester, based on demonstrated effort and progress by the student.
Students must be:
- At least 18 years of age
- Enrolled full-time at a U.S. accredited college, university, or trade/professional school (“institution”)
- Reside and attend an institution in the Washington D.C. or Baltimore metro areas
- Maryland residents are eligible if they attend any University System of Maryland institution
- Have earned 24 or more college credits (or trade/professional school equivalent) at their institution
- Or at least nine credits from graduate-level courses
- A US citizen
- In good academic standing with a minimum cumulative weighted GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
Admitted students can expect to learn the science of entrepreneurship at a fundamental level and how to communicate their research-backed ideas. At this time, students do not adhere to a defined program curriculum, but students will be able to:
- Conduct customer development and market research.
- Identify resources to support their ideas.
- Build confidence in presenting their ideas publicly.
Qualify? Learn more about the application process.
* Award amount subject to change between renewal periods.